Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Doing Great!

I am doing great!!

It rained this week and it was general conference!!!!
(Shealyn singing in the rain -- click below to see)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_zyE036gGqVzU2QWNSeExwRVpFaXpvSHVhczFuZkNPU1k4/view?usp=sharing


I am starting, ... well.. Sister Lavea is having me lead and start discussions and everything. We have this amazing investigator, Erica, and she is awesome and wants to learn more, making and keeping
commitments but we felt like we needed to pass her off because she isn't Tongan but is dating one... 
(Shealyn speaking Tongan -- click link below)
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwupY-_Ncq41Sl80bDBKUkx6QVYyV21ZbnliVlZLLThWUFRz/view?usp=sharing


We have been having a lot of Family Home Evenings with members.  They are going great.  A lot of them are about the gifts that we are given (Matthew 25) and the greatest gift he gave us was being grace. We related it to the piano story  -- read the talk His Grace is Sufficient https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/brad-wilcox_his-grace-is-sufficient/

I love that talk. 

How can we say we're thankful our Savior for providing our gifts?  I thought about this a lot.  

I am getting so much from this talk as well as reading about our Savior's life in the New Testament. 

For some P-day fun, we bowled today.  It was soon much fun!!! 
(Twinkle Toes -- Getting her Flinestone on -- click below)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_zyE036gGqaUJmM1FvUHNLLU5iTUlXbjVOd0pLT1dVbVBN/view?usp=sharing

We found another investigator!!

Love ya'all and hope you all the best.
Oh by the way,  the Tongans give us a lot of food to eat.   I love Sapa Sui,

 Otai!!

 I am sorry that I have been goofing around sorry, my emails will be
better. The week has gone by so fast we are trying to meet or see all
the investagors that the elders haven't seen in along time and it is
sad when we knock on their door and we hear people in the house but
telling people to quite down or when less actives tell us their
baptized and want to to come back so we check up on them and their
doing bad things. My heart drops. I want to share this winderful
gospel but all they wan to do is do their thing and just play games
with us because that is what the elders were doing. Dad I love working
with the Tongan and Samoan people they are the friendliest.
 I had my first whole roasted pig yesterday 
and they said just wait till you try
horse.....???? (Say WHAT?)

We have been working hard to to have less active families come back,
it is taking a lot and we just wonder what is making them not to
come.... Some the Lovedays say oh we're just lazy and it's too early
to get ready to go to church.... Church starts at 2 and ends at 5...
We are also trying to visit part-member families and try to have them
all come to church and deactivate them. Sometimes during the day it
can get long, and not hard but on a level like that but when Sunday
comes I feel that it wasn't too hard and that I can get through
anything with the Lords help.

Through teaching these families and our investigators I am able to see
how the Holy Ghost and the Gospel can change lives for the better. I
tried to imagine my life without it and all I could feel was confusion
and being lost. Knowing that I came here for a purpose with a family
who loves me and knowing that I am a child of God makes me fueled
loved and definitely not lost or confused ...Oh my Tongan is getting
better. All I really know introduction sentences, Heavenly Father,
beginning and ending in prayer. It is really hard but my spelling is
getting better and my pronunciation when I read out loud. The Bishop
asked me to memorized 2 Nephi 31:20 in Tongan.

Send me pics I would love too everyone!!!!!
Oh so since we are in a car we can listen to music and I got a ok to
have some of the songs from Jospeh and the tecni- coat of many colors.
And efy songs, mo-tab,the modish, instrumental ( cello would be nice,
piano.... Etc)  can you put a cd together for me. Or a flash drive...
There isn't a lot of music to listen to.
I live you all and I want to know what you're favorite talks were on
General Conference. 
I'll tell you mine next week because I am out of time.
Nofa ( goodbye) love, Sisita Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment