Wednesday, April 26, 2017

UNWEARYINGNESS

Monday was Pday and we had so much fun with the other missionaries!

Dinner with the Davidson and they are pretty cool people, super nice. This week was full of miracles but some of them were in a interesting way. First, I believe I mentioned this in my last email that Sister Davis and I made some sacrifices started two Sundays ago to help the work progress in this area and receive miracles and that is exactly what has happened. Monday we had Pday and that was a fun day  filled with laughter and such as we spent time with the missionaries then we headed over for dinner with some members. They were really nice and then we received two miracles. So the first one- we went over many times to get in touch with this one less active and we finally did! The husband opens the door.." ph great Mormons, how did you find us?" Now in my head I say well we have the Lord on our side and any lost sheep of his, he will show us the way to find them you silly goose. He let us in and got to know the family a bit. The wife is a less active and he isnt a member but we got to know them and such. They are not interested in coming to church and he said that he didn't agree with some of our beliefs and such so no thanks but thanks. They figured out that I was going home and wanted to help. He looked at me and said what can I do for you... I was completely blank.. I haven't been asked that question from a nonmember before and said that I was good if they had any service opportunities for us to do around their property and to just keep being awesome. He grabbed his wallet laid some money on the counter and said this is for you. What!? I told him I could accept it. It says it in our white handbook and I just couldn't do that. He got really frustrated and said you have been trying to help people for eighteen months and now when help is offered to you don't even accept it. I at least want to do some good today. His wife said that is the least that they could do and the least I could do is to take it. I started to cry and then he just put it in my hand. You take this and that will help for some of the things you need to take care of to go home. I pray for them every night that they would have their hearts softened and .... I just can't believe it that they were so generous to me.

Then twenty minutes after that we knocked on this one door and Helen opened the door. She is so interested in going to bible study and to meet with us! She was busy this week but is coming week.... yay!!! YaY! Yay!! 

MIRACLES...

Tuesday - Happy Valentines Day! Or Single Awareness Day, take your pick... hahaha!  The Bairs had us over for dinner and it was a lot of fun. Fancy grilled cheese, root beer in a bottles, red balloons, and a fun family! At the beginning of the day though we needed to find more
people so we prayed and decide to go track this one street in our area. Now in the mission we don't really tract because it is not the most effective but once in a while we get a miracle from it and that is what happens that day. We knocked on Fadwa's door and she was
interested from the very beginning! She was praying for a opportunity to find a new church and a new bible study class. We offered to come share a message and to attend our bible study class. She was so excited that this answer came so quick! Oh I am soooooo excited! 


Later that day we did team ups in Folsom with Sister Anderson and Sister Baird. Great missionaries! I was with Sister Anderson and we found a new investigator for them! I am so excited for them! 

Wednesday we got in contact with a lot of less actives, shared a message with them, invited them to come to church and to see if we could come back. Those were miracles too! We went tracting again and no success but that is ok, at least we went out to work and did our
best.

Thursday was mini training with Sister Jardine and our district leader Elder Calvert on safegaurds for technology. Also interviews with President Jardine, except I didn't get one because I have a departing
interview with home next week. So that was a bummer. I always like talking with them. We always share a scripture with them and mine was


Helaman 10:5 "And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will." 

Love it because first when we serve him with unwearyingness then we will blessed for forever. Second when our will and our Fathers will are the same we can accomplish everything!

Friday was District meeting and that was fun! Finding joy in the work, smiling through everything even when it hard and teaching repentance. I did a little training on learning and improving for safeguards. It was ok. We did a teamup with Sister Kaufusi and Sister Sessions. They are just sisters with tons of sunshine. Love them! We also helped
Sister Kearl and Sister Wilkins in their area and got some return appts for them. One house we tried to go to had bunnies... I tried to catch one but he are way to fast. Saturday was good,  we tried to do service tracting and this one guy got really made at us for coming down his driveway. We said we were sorry and told him why where here
and he said that he wouldn't let us do that. He followed us out 'til the main road. We asked if any of his neighbors would accept some service and he said no. He looked at our names tags and said "actually I wouldn't let young people do this, you see I am a ordained minister and you gals just going up to people to offer service is pushing it
with your beliefs on other people. " We thanked him for his time and left. 

We did family history today and I could do indexing all day long I think. That thing is so much fun! We ate dinner with Sister Richards at KFC and we had an amazing experience! At the end of our dinner time she went up to this man sitting at a table next to us give him a pass along card and... he was actually a member and saw us sharing
scriptures with her and wanted to stay so he could share his favorite scripture. He is actually is a convert of two, three years and we all got to talking with home- Robert. He shared his conversion story, is preparing for a mission and the funny thing is , is that the family who helped fellowship him as he was having his conversion, is a family
that Sister Davis totally knows! It is so cool to see members of the church that you know help others follow Christ more! It was so cool!!!

Sunday came and boy do I love Sundays! When I get to sit there in the chapel and ponder on my week and see how I can improve and take the sacrament, I just find peace. I just love that so much! Sister Davis played the piano for primary so I sat with the kids and I really liked at, just to sing the songs with them and everything!

Now we are at the beginning of the week and ready for more miracles to come!



She is always trying to get me into trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment